The IAFF Financial Corporation (IAFF-FC) has teamed up with Aetna to offer Medicare plans to IAFF retirees and their spouses. New participants can sign up through December 4, 2020, for any of the four Aetna® Medicare Advantage PPO plan options. And for 2021, plans have even better pricing, with lower premiums and deductibles than you may pay now.
Four plans give you access to many benefits and programs, all at no extra cost. Aetna offers:
- Medical, prescription drug, hearing and vision coverage
- SilverSneakers® fitness benefits
- Resources For Living™ program to connect you with local resources
- Care advocates who can help you manage complex conditions or behavioral health issues
- Nurses you can talk to 24/7
- Health and wellness programs
All four Medicare Advantage PPO plans have an extended service area (ESA). This means you can see any licensed provider eligible to receive Medicare payment who is willing to accept your Aetna plan. Aetna has a large, nationwide network of providers, but you’ll pay the same cost whether your doctor is in or out of network.
New plans begin on January 1, 2021. If you have Medicare coverage through a former employer or a trust, check with your benefits team to see if an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan is an option for you.
Find out more about our Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plans:
- Go to IAFF-FC.AetnaMedicare.com to see full plan details.
- Attend an IAFF-FC webinar to learn more about the plans. Webinars are offered every other Thursday. To register, go to www.iaff-fc.com.
- Talk to a member services advocate at 1-866-246-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (ET).