The Frontline Plan: A Retirement Savings Solution, Built for IAFF Members
For those who work on the front lines in our communities, the FrontLine Program works specifically for you. IAFF members have entrusted more than $17 billion in retirement assets to the IAFF-FC FrontLine Program administered by Nationwide.
Program features include:
- Salaried (not commissioned) representatives who visit every station on every shift at least annually
- Toll-free phone service to internal retirement specialists
- Broad range of investment options including nonproprietary funds, asset allocation and target retirement date funds, and a guaranteed interest fixed annuity
- Competitive fees
- $3,000 annual tax-free withdrawal for medical insurance premiums1
- Ability to roll in unused sick and vacation pay1
- Automatic account rebalancing
- Online account management, along with educational webinars, podcasts and videos available on com
- My Interactive Retirement PlannerSM, an easy-to-use online tool incorporating both a future health care cost estimator and pension income estimator to help you understand whether or not you are on track for retirement as well as improve and monitor your progress
- My Investment PlannerSM
Other optional plan features:
- ProAccount®2, professionally managed accounts by Wilshire Funds Management
- Roth 4572
- Self-directed brokerage option via Schwab2
- Retirement Resource Group2—a unique service that provides a complete financial analysis of household assets, pension benefits and other savings to help identify and fill gaps at no additional cost to participants or the employer
- Nationwide Indexed Principal Protection® (NW-IPP) gives participants the control they desire with the growth potential they want, all while protecting their principal
- Account Lock allows participants to proactively “lock” their account from distributions until they’re ready to take withdrawals
- Auto increase feature makes it easy to set incremental increases in the future
- Online distributions for ease of access and convenience
If your employer is already offering the FrontLine Plan, ask who your local representative is for more information. If you want to offer these program features to your fire department, reach out to Dave Belnick, Endorsement Partner Director.
1 Subject to restrictions; individuals must meet certain requirements to qualify.
2 Adoption of these services requires employer approval, and some features include additional fees
Investing involves market risk including possible loss of principal. Target date funds invest in a wide variety of underlying funds to help reduce investment risk. So in addition to the expenses of the target date funds, you pay a proportionate share of the expenses of the underlying funds. Like other funds, target date funds are subject to market risk and loss. Loss of principal can occur at any time, including before, at or after the target date. There is no guarantee that target date funds will provide enough income for retirement.
Fixed annuity guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of Nationwide Life Insurance Company
Nationwide makes payments to the International Association of Fire Fighters Financial Corporation (IAFF-FC) for services and endorsements that IAFF performs generally for all its members related to Nationwide’s products and services sold exclusively in public sector retirement markets. More detail about these payments is available at FrontLinePlan.com.
Nationwide ProAccount: Investment advice is provided to plan participants by Nationwide Investment Advisors LLC an SEC-registered investment adviser. Wilshire Associates Incorporated is not an affiliate of Nationwide or Nationwide Investment Advisors LLC (NIA). NIA has retained Wilshire Associates Incorporated as the Independent Financial Expert for Nationwide ProAccount. Wilshire® is a registered service mark of Wilshire Associates Incorporated, Santa Monica, California. All other trade names, trademarks and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.
Retirement Resource Group: Securities offered through Nationwide Securities LLC, member FINRA, SIPC, Columbus, Ohio. Nationwide Securities LLC is an affiliate of Nationwide Retirement Solutions Inc. The products and services offered by Nationwide Securities LLC are separate and distinct from the plan administration services that are provided by Nationwide Retirement Solutions Inc.
Nationwide, the Nationwide N and Eagle, Nationwide is on your side, My Investment Planner, Nationwide ProAccount and PEHP (Post-Employment Health Plan) are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. My Interactive Retirement Planner is a service mark of Nationwide Life Insurance Company. © 2022 Nationwide
Nationwide Indexed Principal Protection is a group fixed indexed annuity issued by Nationwide Life Insurance Company and held in the general account. Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.